Q and A Banners

Q and A Banner - #3 (World Records-1)

Sunday, July 31, 2011

11 WHY DON'T WOMEN HAVE ADAM'S APPLES?

The medical term (which is rarely used) for the Adam's apple is 'prominentia laryngea' (prominence of the larynx),  or laryngeal prominence.



Actually, Adam's apples are found on both women and men – they just show up more prominently in men as a chunk of bony cartilage that's wrapped around the larynx.
Also known as the laryngeal prominence, the Adam's apple sits right on top of the thyroid gland, so the area is fittingly called the thyroid cartilage.


The name comes from the story of Adam and Eve.  Adam wasn't supposed to eat the apple, so it got stuck in his throat.

That bulge is the cartilage that protects your larynx, the structure in your neck that houses your vocal chords.

During puberty, a boy's larynx grows, giving him a deeper voice, and along with it the surrounding cartilage grows. The result—the protrusion we call the Adam's apple.
A girl's larynx also grows, but not nearly as much. Also, women generally have a higher percentage of body fat than men, which gives their necks a more streamlined look.

Medically speaking, the thyroid cartilage that forms the protrusion meet at an average angle of 90° in males, and 120° in females, so there is less cartilage protruding out in females.

Laryngeal prominence is commonly considered a male secondary sex characteristic, but women can also develop a masculine laryngeal prominence and this is why some women do have noticeably visible Adam's apples (such as the pic of Ann Coulter above.)

Unfortunately for men though, the Adam's apple's most noticeable function may be to embarrass them. It's been known to bob up and down when they're nervous. So don't ever lie to your wife—she'll probably be able to tell.



Source(s):
Why Do Men Have an Adam's Apple But Women Don't?
video.about.com/womenshealth/

11 comments:

  1. my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426

    ReplyDelete
  2. rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - it is welcomed!☺